St. Paul Parish (now St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church) was founded in 1945, and St. Paul Catholic School was added in 1948 under the direction of the Sisters of Mercy. Prior to the opening of the School, the children of the Parish had attended St. Thomas School.
In 1965, the Nashville Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia began to administer and teach at St. Paul Catholic School. The Dominican Sisters of the St. Cecilia Congregation are dedicated to the Christian education of youth in institutions of learning, like St. Paul Catholic School. In these schools, students come to a deeper understanding of their faith, their heritage, and their responsibilities as members of society.
Throughout the years, St. Paul Catholic School has been known for its outstanding academic program, successful athletic teams, and focus on educating the whole child in an environment steeped in Catholic Doctrine. Alumni from St. Paul Catholic School can be found in every walk of life where they are spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Today, St. Paul students continue to excel in academics, the fine arts, athletics, and Christian service. Daily they are challenged to use their God-given gifts and talents to positively impact their families, communities, school, and the world.